Closing date: 10 April 2023
About Solution Architect
Competitive, plus generous benefits package, including:
34 days holiday per year • Health care cash back • Private medical insurance • Discounted gym and retail benefits • 3 x life insurance • annual pay reviews • annual bonuses • travel loans • Employee advice line • Generous pension plan
Lhasa Limited, Granary Wharf House, 2 Canal Wharf, Leeds LS11 5PS
What is the role?
An exciting opportunity exists to lead the practice and introduce the overall technical vision for Lhasa data solutions, along with ensuring we deliver technical solutions that address both business and our members needs whilst following the Enterprise Architecture blueprint and standards. You will collaborate with Solution Delivery teams, the Data Science team and the wider business to design and deliver quality data solutions as well as ensuring alignment and consistency across products.
Why Lhasa Limited?
What do we offer?
We offer fantastic personal benefits including 34 days holiday plus bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, healthcare cashback, Private Medical Insurance, free car parking at our office in Leeds City Centre, gym discounts and much more!
We also offer truly hybrid and flexible working arrangements, enabling you to split your time between home and office and empowering you to work the hours which suit you.
Why Lhasa Limited?
We are a successful not-for-profit company and educational charity.
We develop scientific software that can be used to assess chemical safety, contributing with reduction, refinement and replacement of current animal-based methods. This is then used to support the delivery of life-enhancing solutions including drugs and cosmetics.
Our charitable status allows us to make altruistic decisions for public benefit as well as supporting leading organisations in the world to really make a difference.
We believe in learning and development, from online training to on-the-job upskilling. If you have a passion for self-development and want to work somewhere that supports making a positive impact for yourself and others, you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, by collaborating with stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Lead on architectural activities to support successful solution delivery at both strategic and tactical level.
- Design the data structures and integrations that enables rapid, efficient and effective delivery of solutions.
- Explore alternative technologies and evaluate their trade-offs whilst understanding the technology landscape to inform solutions and products.
- Provide architectural artefacts and ensure solutions are aligned against best practices including Domain architecture standards and industry trends.
- Articulate how multiple independent workstreams can architecturally be realised while maximising workstream autonomy.
- Help teams to understand sensible architectural prioritisation that preserves the architectural vision while allowing delivery timetables to be met.
- Facilitate cross-stakeholder collaboration to arrive at consensus on architectural decisions.
- Work with the Architecture team to contribute to the future architecture state.
- Identify architectural constraints and risks.
Your skills and experience
You should have a proven experience in architecting and delivering technical solutions to improve data management, integration and processing. You must have proven experience working in data intensive projects, with exposure to data management and data governance.
You’ll succeed in this role if you have:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, etc.
- Experience in data analysis, data modelling including designing and maintaining data models at both the enterprise and solution/application level.
- Experience architecting high quality data-centric solutions at a conceptual, logical and physical level.
- Experience with multiple data structures and technologies, e.g. structured and unstructured data, relational database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL), Graph database (e.g. OriendDB), cloud database as a service (e.g. Amazon RDS), cloud storage (e.g. S3).
- Experience of identifying and implementing new frameworks and technologies to solve problems or create new opportunities that deliver business value.
- Good fundamentals around security integration including data security and privacy such as data masking and tokenisation techniques.
- Some experience with coding (e.g. Java, Python) within a data context
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies and working with Data Scientists
Skills and knowledge
- Strong communication, collaboration and facilitation skills at different levels.
- Able to facilitate, drive solution delivery effectively and guide decision making by balancing results, customer needs, cost and quality.
- Able to simplify complex information and connect it with the big picture.
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Great team player and ability to work collaboratively at various levels of the organisation.
- Able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adapt to changes and priorities.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences.
If you have experience in data analysis and data modelling and are looking for a new challenge we'd love to hear from you! Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to tell us the position you are applying for and your salary requirements, and good luck!