Scott McDonald, Director of Member Services
Name: Scott McDonald
Job Title: Director of Member Services
Get in Touch: email@example.com
I’m Scott and I’m the Director of Member Services at Lhasa Limited. I completed a degree in Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry from the University of Salford in 1999. My degree course gave me the opportunity to work in research for both AstraZeneca and GlaxoSmithKline. Although I enjoyed working within a research environment I wanted to look beyond the laboratory and after graduating I took a graduate position with Croda International (a multinational speciality chemical manufacturer). Their graduate scheme allowed me to work both in a research position and subsequently a sales position and it was the sales side where I saw my future. I joined Lhasa Limited in 2003 as a Sales Executive as I was excited by the unique nature of both the company and the products it developed. Since then, I became the Sales Manager before being appointed the Director of Member Services in 2012.
The Member Services function comprises Sales, Account Management and Marketing - essentially the functions that act as the interface between Lhasa Limited and its members. In my role I provide strategic leadership to those functions to develop software sponsorship, provide world class scientific support and to work with members to meet their current and future needs. This is a team effort though, and I am lucky to work with dedicated staff leading each of those functions including Sian Ives in Sales and Alex Harding in Account Management. It is through their efforts and those of their teams that Lhasa Limited continues to offer the highest level of service to its members.
Lhasa Limited is a truly unique organisation that is now building on over 30 years of scientific research to deliver accurate, transparent and scientifically robust solutions to its members. The launch of Sarah Nexus, which uses a novel machine-learning methodology for the prediction of in vitro mutagenicity and the current development of Mirabilis, a tool that can help experts assess the likelihood of the potential carryover of impurities in a synthetic route, shows that Lhasa Limited is responding to its members’ needs and delivering solutions of real value. With an active scientific research group working with our members on new ideas I firmly believe that Lhasa Limited will go from strength to strength over the next 30 years.
In my spare time I enjoy playing badminton and football, although it has to be said not very well. I also enjoy travelling and Lhasa has given me the opportunity to travel to many places since 2003.
Member Services Staff Profiles
Led by Scott McDonald, the Member Services function is comprised of Account Management, Marketing and Sales.
Member Services' key role is to act as the interface between Lhasa Limited and its members, whether that be through provision of world class scientific support, working with members to meet their current and future needs or through development of software sponsorship.
Please select the relevant link(s) below to find out more about members of the Member Services function:
- Sara Atkinson (Sales Executive)
- Michael Barrett (Technical Editor)
- Lorraine Bowe (Senior Administrative Assistant)
- Georgia Clarke (Marketing Executive)
- Dr. Maggie Coombs (Account Manager)
- Hazel Gardiner (Account Manager)
- Dr. Alex Harding (Principal Account Manager)
- Dr. James Hussey (Sales Executive)
- Liz Lepley (Marketing Manager)
- Meekee Kok (Account Manager)
- Dr. Charles Modlin (Account Manager)
- Krishan Patel (Sales Manager)
- Dr. Daniela Presa (Account Manager)
- Alison Reeves (Senior Sales Executive)
- Harjeet Ryatt (Support Engineer)
- Dr. Mersedeh Saniepay (Account Manager)
- Pearl Saville (Marketing Executive)
- Dr. Andy Shannon-Little (Senior Account Manager)
- Jess Tidmarsh (Account Manager)
- Alex Vrijheid (Sales Executive)
- Dr. David Waller (Support Engineer)
- Dr. David J Yeo (Senior Account Manager)