Dr. Crina Heghes, Director of Applied Sciences
Name: Dr. Crina Heghes
Job Title: Director of Applied Sciences
My name is Crina and I graduated as a chemical engineer from Babes-Bolyai University, Romania in 2001 and was subsequently awarded a PhD in Natural Sciences from the University of Heidelberg, Germany in 2006. Following my PhD, I worked in fuels research at Shell Global Solutions (Chester, UK) before becoming a Program Manager for Authentix; a company selling innovative solutions for product authentication in the oil, gas, and pharmaceutical industries. In 2012 I moved to Lhasa Limited as an Account Manager and later went on to spend 5 years working within the Global Alliances team, before taking up my current role on 1st March 2021.
I chose to work at Lhasa Limited as it offered an exciting prospect to develop my knowledge of toxicology and metabolism. This has proved to be rewarding as I have been able to advance my understanding in these areas. This was in no small part thanks to the team of dedicated scientists that work in both the business and operations functions here at Lhasa Limited. Any time I have a question, there is always a knowledgeable and friendly colleague ready to share their understanding and insight with me. Within the Global Alliances team I worked with my colleagues to identify, develop and deliver collaborative projects that meet member needs and improve the service offering to them, advancing scientific knowledge and positioning Lhasa as the pre-eminent knowledge and data sharing organisation. Also, part of my role was to drive contractual arrangements for new products, strategic projects and collaborations, project leading strategic projects, and delivering desired outcomes on time, to quality and to budget.
Within my current role as the Director of Applied Sciences, I am leading and developing an experienced team of Application Scientists, Business Partnerships Managers, Marketing and Global Alliance Managers to engage with our members and with regulators. Together we support the development and application of our solutions to meet the needs of our members.
I enjoy the variety that my work involves and being able to conduct this as part of a close working team is immensely satisfying. Interacting with our members and the science, as well as being a part of multiple scientific projects makes each day different and exciting. The challenges of problem solving and the continuous learning that my job entails are very stimulating and give me great job satisfaction.
When I’m not at work, I enjoy travelling, reading, world cinema and cooking for my family and friends.
Applied Sciences Team Staff Profiles
Applied Sciences acts as the interface between Lhasa Limited and its members. Please select the relevant link(s) below to find out more about members of the Applied Sciences function:
- Sara Atkinson (Principal Business Partnerships Manager)
- Michael Barrett (Technical Editor)
- Dr. Maggie Coombs (Senior Application Scientist)
- Josh Cosby (Marketing and Communications Partner)
- Lina Din (Business Partnerships Executive)
- Mizuki Ebihara (Application Scientist)
- Diego Zulkiewicz Gomes (Senior Global Alliances Manager)
- Dr. Graham Heaven (Senior Application Scientist)
- Laura Johnston (Associate Director of Applied Sciences)
- Grace Kocks (Principal Application Scientist)
- Oana Leonte (Business Support Manager)
- Jack Lupton (Application Scientist)
- Dr. Satoshi Mashiko (Business Development Manager)
- Dr. Charles Modlin (Application Scientist)
- Margarita María Muñoz Henao (Senior Application Scientist)
- Faith Ogutu (Administration Coordinator)
- Dr. Chioma Okpara (Application Scientist)
- Alison Reeves (Principal Marketing and Communications Partner)
- Toni Rogers (Application Scientist)
- Raeesah Saddiq (Business Partnerships Manager)
- Dr. Hiwa Saeed (Application Scientist)
- Pearl Saville (Senior Marketing and Communications Partner)
- Shay Scott (Application Scientist)
- Emma Scrafton (Marketing and Communications Partner)
- Rushali Shinde (Applicationa Scientist)
- Dr. Gabriela Silveira (Senior Application Scientist)
- Jess Tidmarsh (Senior Application Scientist)
- Cheuk Man Tsang (Marketing and Communications Partner)
- Fernanda Waechter (Principle Application Scientist)
- Dr. Ioannis Xanthis, (Senior Application Scientist)
- Dr. Jack Yung (Application Scientist)