Closing date: Ongoing
To apply for position below please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Product Owner
Up to £35,000 + 34 Days Holiday + Generous Pension
What is the role?
We are seeking a Product Owner with experience of agile software development to join the Product Management team on a full time basis, initially on a six month, fixed-term contract, but with the possibility of extension, to cover maternity leave.
As the interface between our end users and the Lhasa delivery teams, you’ll shape the development of our new products and the enhancements to our existing market-leading and internationally recognised life sciences software ensuring the needs of the users are identified and understood, and high quality solutions are delivered.
Why Lhasa Limited?
As part of the Lhasa team you will work with exceptionally talented technical and scientific colleagues who are focused on developing high quality software and science to support the delivery of life enhancing products and making a positive contribution to a reduction in animal testing.
Our charitable status enables us to make altruistic decisions for the public benefit and to work with some of the leading organisations in the world to really make a difference. Lhasa’s collaborative approach is widely trusted by our member organisations and ensures that we are able to access privileged information helping our people to gain the job satisfaction that arises from working on something special.
Salary is expected to be up to £35,000 p.a depending on skills and experience. Lhasa provides a generous pension scheme, 34 days personal holiday allowance plus statutory holidays and extensive training.
Join us if you want your career to make a positive impact for yourself and others.
Applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a scientific discipline and have experience of building roadmaps, defining requirements, planning and prioritising work, and supporting software delivery teams during implementation. Experience with UX principles would be an advantage.
Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills are essential as is the ability to meet deadlines, adapt quickly to changing circumstances and work across multiple concurrent projects.
- Build collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create roadmaps and prioritise the demands to be worked on
- Gain greater insight into the specific prioritised demands so that the Member needs are clarified and understood
- Work in partnership with Members and Lhasa delivery teams to design, evaluate and select the solution to be delivered
- Support delivery teams in planning and coordinating the implementation of solutions
Your skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
Education and qualifications
Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in a relevant scientific discipline
- Broad understanding and practical experience of agile software development and the role of a Product Owner
- Knowledge and experience of requirements gathering and analysis
- Able to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to quickly adapt to ambiguous and changing circumstances