Junior IT Service Delivery Analyst (Fixed Term 12 Months)
Closing date: 06 January 2023
About Junior IT Service Delivery Analyst (Fixed Term 12 Months)
From £22,000 plus generous benefits package including:
34 days holiday per year • Health care cash back • Private medical insurance • Discounted gym and retail benefits • 3 x life insurance • annual pay reviews • annual bonuses • travel loans • Employee advice line • Generous pension plan
Granary Wharf House, 2 Canal Wharf, Leeds LS11 5PS
What is the role?
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated student for a one-year fixed-term placement to support our Service Delivery and Infrastructure teams with routine IT tasks and to provide an IT helpdesk service to Lhasa Limited staff. This is an opportunity to join a vibrant, fast-growing organisation that puts IT systems at the heart of what it does. With over 180+ users and a wide variety of hardware and software systems to support, the role is varied, interesting and challenging. This role offers the opportunity for involvement in systems development work and all training will be provided as necessary. The placement will be available for one year from June 2023.
Why Lhasa Limited?
We are a successful not-for-profit company and educational charity, with an enviable reputation for collaborative scientific development.
We develop meaningful science and software that supports the delivery of life-enhancing solutions including the development of safe chemicals to market including drugs and cosmetics as well as making a positive contribution to reducing animal testing.
Our charitable status enables us to make altruistic decisions for the public benefit and to work with some of the leading organisations in the world to really make a difference.
Our salaries are competitive dependent upon skills and experience. We also offer fantastic personal benefits including (but not limited to); 34 days holiday plus bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, healthcare cashback, PMI, free car parking at our office in Leeds City Centre and much more!
We are a bit different, are you? We can offer you a hands-on placement where you'll be a valued part of our team from day one. You'll be working somewhere where you can make a positive impact for yourself and others, supporting a company that makes a positive difference.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as first point of contact for staff with IT difficulties and queries.
- Diagnose and fix errors with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Troubleshoot user login and password problem for users.
- Troubleshoot user printing problems.
- To be responsible for conducting and verifying the validity of daily/weekly tape, disk and cloud backups.
- Maintain audio/visual equipment in the office.
- Install regular Windows updates and Dell drivers on all computers, as necessary.
- Ensure that all computers are running the latest antivirus updates.
- Create and restore Virtual Machines using Hyper-V and VMware.
- Run regular software audits and maintain the software licenses.
- Disassemble and reassemble hardware as necessary.
- Perform general office technical duties.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Familiarise and perform different tasks on AD DS such as DHCP, DNS, etc
- Support and maintain our development domain
- Maintain and support our VMware hypervisors inside the development domain
- Adjust settings and troubleshoot network issues in our UniFi console
- Maintain and troubleshoot our FortiClient VPN alongside all its functions (Vulnerability Scanning, Remote Access, Web Filtering, etc)
- Work on assigned projects and tasks from our team’s Kanban board
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities which may be reasonably expected of the role as necessary to achieve the objectives of the IT Department and company goals.
- Day-to-day work planning against objectives agreed with your line manager.
Your skills and experience
We think you'll be great for this role if you are educated to 'A' Level or equivalent in IT or a related subject.
You will need to be self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills. You will also need to have experience of working individually as a well as part of a team. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Previous experience of providing IT support would be an advantage.
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Able to produce work of a high standard
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Able to work as part of a small team
- Experience of providing IT support to Windows users
- Experience of working individually as well as part of a team
- Conscientious with a good attention to detail
- Personable and communicative
- Self-motivated and proactive
Is this you? Have we caught your eye? To apply send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Don't forget to tell us the position you are applying for, why you feel you are suitable and your salary requirements, good luck!