Closing date: Ongoing
To apply for position below please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Cloud Engineer
Competitive plus generous benefits package
Lhasa Limited, Granary Wharf House, 2 Canal Wharf, Leeds LS11 5PS
What is the role?
The Cloud Engineer will be a key member of Lhasa’s cloud engineering team, responsible for delivering, deploying and managing cloud based products both on public and private cloud platforms.
The role will involve working with and within many Lhasa functions in order to support the readiness, delivery and life cycle of Lhasa’s cloud products to our members.
The role will be required to meet and follow all current and future technical best practices in order for Lhasa to achieve and exceed the highest standards and expectations of our members.
Why Lhasa Limited?
We are a successful not-for-profit company and educational charity, with an enviable reputation for collaborative scientific development.
We develop meaningful science and software that supports the delivery of life-enhancing solutions including the development of safe chemicals to market including drugs and cosmetics as well as making a positive contribution to reducing animal testing.
Our charitable status enables us to make altruistic decisions for the public benefit and to work with some of the leading organisations in the world to really make a difference.
Our salaries are competitive dependent upon skills and experience. We also offer fantastic personal benefits including (but not limited to); 34 days holiday plus bank holidays, a generous pension scheme, healthcare cashback, PMI, free car parking at our office in Leeds City Centre and much more!
Do you want to work somewhere where you can have an impact on day one? Do you want to work somewhere where you can make a positive impact for yourself and others? If so you're the type of person we are looking for!
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively being involved in the day-to-day service management activities as well as contributing towards the growth and adoption of Lhasa’s cloud and SaaS products
- Engaging with other teams and functions in order for Lhasa to fulfil it’s cloud strategy. You should be an expert for cloud related queries
- Supporting team members and functions in finding and executing appropriate solutions to their issues, challenges and future requirements
- Conserving and where required, transforming and improving Lhasa’s technical standards to follow industry best practices
- Administrating and maintaining Lhasa’s cloud environments for both internal functions and our members
- Monitoring cloud resources for maintenance, support and security purposes
Your skills and experience
• Excellent organisational and communication skills (Essential)
• Cloud based technologies and evolving capabilities (Essential)
• Cloud related security standards and best practices (Desirable)
• Cloud based product architectures (Desirable)
• Working knowledge of Infrastructure as code (Desirable)
• Working Knowledge of Linux and relational databases (Desirable)
Education and qualifications
AWS Cloud Technology certification (Essential)
We think you'll be great for this role if you have experience:
- Working with existing cloud-based infrastructure (Essential)
- Implementing new cloud-based infrastructure (Essential)
- Administration and maintenance of cloud-based infrastructure (Essential)
- Hands on with firewalls, load balancing, DNS and other common networking tasks (Essential)
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution (Essential)
- Working with the business and other stakeholders to deliver cloud-based applications (Desirable)
- Architecting custom cloud-based infrastructure (Desirable)
- Working within an Agile/scrum based environment (Desirable)
• A growth mindset, willingness to learn new skills (Essential)
• Initiative, drive and self-motivation (Essential)
• Accurate and good attention to detail (Essential)
• Supportive (Essential)