Closing date: 16 April 2021
About Application Scientist
What is the role?
The opportunity now exists for a highly motivated individual to join our Applied Sciences Team with a view to developing strong scientific relationships with our members and regulators in pursuit of our vision, strategy and charitable purpose.
Working with other Application Scientists, you will be accountable for understanding members’ problems and working with them to address their needs by applying and supporting the development of the science we do at Lhasa.
The Application Scientist will provide scientific support to our members and will work collaboratively both internally and externally to support the development of our solutions whilst advancing scientific knowledge and positioning Lhasa as the pre-eminent knowledge and data sharing organisation.
Why Lhasa Limited?
Based in our modern office in Leeds and working alongside exceptionally talented colleagues to develop meaningful science and software that supports informed decision-making on chemical safety whilst reducing animal testing. This role will give you opportunities to learn new skills and new knowledge as you support the application of our science to real-world problems.
Our charitable status enables us to make altruistic decisions for the public benefit and to work with some of the leading organisations in the world to really make a difference.
Salary is expected to be from £38,000 p.a. depending on skills and experience. Lhasa provides a generous pension scheme, 34 days personal holiday allowance plus statutory holidays and career development plan.
Join us if you want your career to make a positive impact for yourself and others.
We are looking for an experienced scientist with pharmaceutical industry experience who wants to promote the application of in silico methods to support decision-making through scientific communications.
You will be a scientific expert who bridges the gap between our science and industrial applications. You will build strong relationships with members and regulators, understanding their needs, and work with them to apply our solutions.
You will have a strong understanding of chemical structures and the application of in silico prediction, ideally with knowledge of toxicity, metabolism, degradation and organic reaction mechanisms.
As an excellent communicator, you will be comfortable both as part of a multidisciplinary team and independently. You will be proactive, innovative and commercially aware and sensitive to cultural differences as you will travel nationally and internationally on a regular basis.
• Scientific expert who bridges the gap between our science and industrial applications,
• Build strong relationships with members and regulators, understand their needs, and work with them to apply our solutions.
• Working collaboratively with members to share knowledge and data in order to identify new opportunities.
• Provide training on the application of our software and scientific support.
• Promoting the use of in silico for decision-making through scientific communications.
Your skills and experience
• Expert scientific communicator who understands members’ needs and able to demonstrate solutions
• Understanding of chemical structures and the application of in silico predictions
• Knowledge of toxicology, metabolism, degradation, and organic reaction mechanisms
• Proactive, innovative and commercially aware
• Negotiation and leadership skills
• Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and independently
• Interpersonal skills and sensitivity to cultural differences
• Ability to travel frequently both nationally and internationally