Application Scientist (South Korea)
Closing date: Ongoing
To apply for position below please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
About Application Scientist (South Korea)
What is the role?
The Application Scientist is accountable for understanding member’s problems; working with them to address their needs by applying and supporting the development of the science we do at Lhasa. Limited
Why Lhasa Limited?
Based in our modern office environment and working alongside exceptionally talented colleagues developing meaningful science and software that supports the delivery of life-enhancing solutions which make a positive contribution to a reduction in animal testing.
Our charitable status enables us to make altruistic decisions for the public benefit and to work with some of the leading organisations in the world to really make a difference. Lhasa’s collaborative approach is widely trusted by our member organisations and ensures that we are able to access privileged information helping our people to gain the job satisfaction that arises from working on something special.
Salary for the role is competitive dependent upon skills and experience. Lhasa provides a generous pension scheme, 34 days personal holiday allowance plus statutory holidays and extensive training.
Join us if you want your career to make a positive impact for yourself and others.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Scientific expert who bridges the gap between our science and industrial applications.
- Knowledgeable about Lhasa solutions and their application in different industries.
- Build trusted relationships with the distributor and members to support them with technical/ scientific support and training.
- Proactively focusing on developing a network of strong relationship with regulators and member organizations in South Korea to understand their needs, and work withthem to apply our solutions.
- Collaborates with colleagues to create and lead strategy for the South Korea market.
- Work closely with the distributor and Marketing to drive demand, identify lead generation activities, and research new opportunities and competitive threats in South Korea.
- Promote our in silico solutions for decision-making through scientific communication e.g. organising scientific workshops, presenting at exhibitions and conferences, joint publications on the application of our solutions.
- Obtains feedback from distributor after evaluation of software to support the development of our solutions, identify new potential use-cases and to improve our service delivery.
- Proactively seeking data sharing opportunities.
- Internal leadership (e.g. mentoring, line managing, prioritising member demand for a solution, proactively demonstrating how to do things better).
Your skills and experience
Attributes expected in a suitable candidate:
- Expert scientific communicator able to understand members’ needs and demonstrate solutions
- Business level fluency in Korean and English
- Understanding of chemical structures
- Knowledge of toxicology, metabolism, degradation or process chemistry would be an advantage
- Proactive, innovative and commercially aware
- Negotiation and leadership skills
- Able to work within multidisciplinary teams and independently
- Interpersonal skills and sensitivity to cultural differences
- Able to do a lot of travel