The Senior Platform Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the DevOps platforms needed to support the development and deployment of Lhasa’s software products and services. They will work collaboratively with all the major stakeholders applying best practises and automation to accelerate product delivery.
The Senior Platform Engineer will work across our IT landscape to integrate security, automation and QA using a mixture of in-house and third-party solutions, to provide a resilient, secure, and highly available platform for our products and services to run on.
- Review, refine and deliver a Platform Engineering roadmap.
- Implement the Platform Engineering roadmap in a secure, maintainable and consumable way.
- Ensure development outputs are suitably integrated into release modules.
- Ownership of the underlying platform progressing builds through the relevant lifecycle stages into live service.
- The support of the release-to-service process including security and accreditation processes.
- Providing Technical advice and expertise on designs, solutions, tools, techniques, and standards.
- Hands on development of real-world solutions.
- Troubleshooting, investigations, and incident resolution.
- Provide Platform Engineering expertise across the company as required to support adoption.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree in mathematics, computing, or a science-based subject
- AWS cloud certification (desirable)
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong Kubernetes skills
- Good understanding of DevOps principles and how they apply to Platform Engineering
- Strong Linux (Ubuntu) skills (with ability to adapt to Windows10/WSL2 environment)
- Strong configuration and source code management skills
- All round skills in applying CI/CD practices through Jenkins, Artifactory and SonarQube
- Strong automation skills utilising bash shell scripting, python and CI/CD tools
- Good understanding of modularisation to provide a framework of extensible and maintainable components
- AWS skills relating to deployment of Fargate containers and associated infrastructure
- Strong understanding of best practice for managing and packaging containers for deploying to multiple infrastructure targets
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders
- Ability to shape expectations and deliver against these
- Ability to shape operating / engagement models across organisational boundaries
- Ability to grow and mentor junior colleagues
- Track record of delivering Platform Engineering Infrastructure
- Evidence of working with software teams to deliver smooth CI/CD
- Experience of architecting CI/CD and supporting infrastructure
- Experience of implementing Kubernetes infrastructure based on best practices
- Experience of networks, security, Reverse Proxies and DNS
- Growth mindset
- Self-motivated, driven to take the initiative and accountability
- Accuracy and good attention to detail
- Effective communicator with a track record of working collaboratively in multi-skilled teams