Competitive salary, plus generous benefits package, including:
34 days holiday per year • Health care cash back • Private medical insurance • Discounted gym and retail benefits • 3 x life insurance • annual pay reviews • annual bonuses • travel loans • Employee advice line • Generous pension plan
Lhasa Limited, Granary Wharf House, 2 Canal Wharf, Leeds LS11 5PS
What is the role?
There is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated person with a passion for technological innovation to join our science team in Leeds on a full-time basis. You will be developing and implementing AI methodologies applied to Molecular Informatics for life science applications.
Do you want to work somewhere where you can have an impact on day one? Do you want to work somewhere you can make a positive impact for yourself and others? If so you’re the type of person we are looking for!
This is a permanent Scientific Software Developer post in the Molecular Informatics Team to support the development of life science applications, AI model building and knowledge discovery. This role combines algorithm design and implementation of AI and Deep learning solutions in the context of life science challenges. It assumes an excellent knowledge in Python and PyTorch programming. Additionally, you will be expected to demonstrate good understanding of collaborative code management tools, and a strong affinity for life sciences in general.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
As an AI/Deep Learning Software Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining AI and deep learning solutions using Python and PyTorch
- Collaborating with other cheminformaticians, developers, data scientists, and domain experts to design and implement scalable and robust systems.
- Researching and applying state-of-the-art methods and techniques in machine learning, molecular informatics, and related fields
- Writing high-quality code and documentation that follows best practices and standards.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues and bugs in a timely manner
- Use and contribute to our automated code management ecosystem (Git, Bitbucket, Gradle, Jenkins, Jira and Artifactory, SonarQube, WhiteSource, etc.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A postgraduate degree or higher in computer science, cheminformatics, mathematics, or a related field
- A strong experience in developing AI and deep learning applications using Python and PyTorch
- Experience in using Python notebooks like Jupyter Notebook
- Good understanding of Python scientific library like Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, Pandas, etc.
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, graph neural networks, predictive and generative models.
- Experience in working with molecular data such as SMILES, fingerprints, molecular graphs, and related libraries like RDKit.
- Familiarity with life sciences concepts such as biochemistry, pharmacology, or drug discovery.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in learning new technologies and staying updated with the latest research trends.
Other desirable skills include:
- Ability to use other programming language including Java or C/C++
- Understanding of modern IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA, NetBeans
- Ability to use RDBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Understanding of data streaming platforms like Spark
- Use of container technology, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Scientific awareness
- Able to work within multidisciplinary teams and independently.
- Interpersonal skills and sensitivity to cultural differences