8 December 2021
2021 Sartans: New Mutagenic Impurities - Azido Impurities
Dr. Reddy’s and Sindusfarma held a joint webinar which discussed Sartans - a new class of mutagenic impurities discovered in drugs commonly used to treat hypertension, heart and kidney diseases.
This webinar consisted of 3 speakers:
- Dr. Rakeshwar Bandichhor, Ph.D., FRSC, CChem, VP e Head of Chemistry, API-PR & D, Dr. Reddy’s
- Fernanda Waechter, Principal Application Scientist, Lhasa Limited.
- Raphael Sanches Pereira, Manager of the Synthetic Medicines Quality Assessment, GQMED/GGMED ANVISA.
In this webinar, attendees learnt about:
- Azido and nitrosamine impurities: Formation, similarities, differences and their carcinogenicity.
- Workflow and risk assessment to tackle Azido impurities
- ANVISA Positioning and updates on Azido impurities
Headline Event (shown first above featured)